View Profile shrugo

75 Audio Reviews

Beautiful composition work here! You really put these instruments to great use here. I especially loved that no particular instrument stayed the focus overlong so every point of the song feels fresh across multiple loops. And speaking of that loop, I loved the way that the loop ends with silence. It's a nice reprieve that serves as an end point well, but somehow still feels seamless when you loop into the start. I honestly don't know if that was intentional at all but I've rarely actually encountered a song that utilizes a clean ending to its loop like this. Off the top of my head there's Meridian Dance in Secret of Mana? And that did it in a completely different way.

Kudos

Is that a "Night Time" reference I hear in there???

Yahtzei responds:

Now that you mention it, I hear it too! Completely unintentional, but I'm so flattered this made you think of Night Time <3

This is really excellent! It catches that feeling of horror and anxiety, yet with the feeling that you can somehow fight back. It feels like some kind of swarm horror game, or like even a boss battle in a Metroid Prime style game with twitchy gameplay.

Male